Kidnap & Ransom
Kidnap & Ransom
Employees of multinational organisations, contractors, companies with employees who travel internationally, and high-net-worth individuals and families are particularly vulnerable to the threat of Kidnap. For those operating in remote areas or territories that are suffering political instability and socio-economic hardships, their workforce is often a target for organised criminal gangs, opportunistic kidnappers/extortionists, and terrorist groups.
The trauma these incidents inflict on victims and their families is extreme. Such incidents can also have devastating consequences on businesses, affecting staff morale and a company’s assets and reputation. The financial impacts also can be vast as projects may be delayed or terminated, until personnel are recovered.
Matrix provides a comprehensive range of services to enable you to reduce the likelihood of an event taking place; and to respond effectively if one does.
Some of the specific K&R issues we can assist with include:
- Establish and operate a Crisis Management Team (CMT)
- Develop and assist with crisis communications
- Enact well-tested strategies for communication & negotiation
- Develop lines of intelligence
- Maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders including foreign governments, their agencies and local authorities
- Communicate with insurers, underwriters and brokers
- Ensure regulatory compliance and protection from associated reputational and other related risks
For assistance with K&R call us on 0203 781 9300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org